So a little update on my life: my former housemate and close friend, Angela, is now in North Africa on STINT. So awesome! My new housemates have moved in and we're all settled, which includes Chara!!! also exciting. I've pretty much completed my staff application today, only to find out that I might actually have to re-do it because they might change it this year? blah, that's annoying. Frosh week went well and I have tons of contacts to sort through and put in DGs. I wish women's ministry were more glamourous haha... jokes. But in all seriousness i have NO IDEA what I'm doing when it comes to women's ministry. Your prayers are coveted... cause as much as we don't have staff here - right now Steve is the only staff member for 3 campuses cause everyone else is still raising support/on pregnancy leave (his wife, till october). So it's craziness over here.
my summer was soooooooooooo good. work was a challenge in terms of endurance and not going crazy and quitting or something. God taught me so much and I really feel like i matured in a lot of ways... maybe that's what happens when your close friends start getting married. I'm really excited to see what God does here at Queen's this year. I feel such an urgency to see the women built up and trained and sent out. It would break my heart if any of them missed out on the God's plan for them to live full and joy-filled exciting lives for His Glory. Expressing it in a meaningful way is the challenge.
Also, I got my nose pierced last week. I'll post pictures whenever I remember!
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
YAY for nose piercings! LOL...Brad doesn't read this too often so I'm safe. Yeah I used to have mine pierced before project, but it got on my nerves after a while so I took it out.
I am excited about your ministry this year Jess and also you get to live with Chara that right there is simply awesomeness and luckyness. By the way Chara if you read this I want my toothpaste back. I am sure God is going to teach you so many new things this year and I am excited for you!!!
Post a Comment