Wednesday, September 12, 2007

summer and school

Well hello all,

It really is time that I posted a little bit of what has been going on in my life. The summer was so crazy and I just didn't have time to do anything. By the way Jenny, Steph and Jess Li...I am so sorry we never made it to Vancouver. I was in Comox for basically a week and there was just too much to do! By the time we even thought about going it was Thursday and I was leaving Saturday. So I'll have to plan on staying longer next time.

My summer was good, busy but good. The week I was in B-C I found out that my favorite aunt had been killed in a car accident which kinda shook the whole family a bit. It was really sad that i was unable to go to the funeral...her husband was in the car with her driving, but only broke his ankle. If you guys think about it, could you pray for them: my uncle Bill Page (he is a pastor in Lindsay) and they have 4 kids with a grandchild on the way...really really sad. It has been hard for me too because I was pretty close to her. Sometimes there are things that you don't understand that happen and you're kinda like ok God where were you? BUt he does have a plan...

B-C WAS wonderful but too quick. It was good to finally meet Brad's parents and spend some time with them...it did go by too fast though and before I knew it I was at school planning our V3 distribution (fine for you anglos I will say RLKs). This year has already been super exciting as far as C4C stuff goes. We have a whole bunch of new students but more exciting a whole bunch of baby Christians. I spent some time with a girl this week who accepted Christ last week...it's so refreshing and awesome! I am a little nervous about the leadership role that I have this year. I feel under qualified to lead...but God has been teaching me already that a good leader is willing to serve. I am also dealing with the busyness factor this semester. Today I am starting my 1st stage (I hope all of you know what a stage is by now) which means I am not on campus from wed to Friday. I feel like there is so much happening and I want to be a part of everything...I guess I need to ask God for discernment, and help to be wise in the use of my time! If you want to keep us in your prayers please pray that all these new students would sign up for Dgs, and get involved in the mouvement...we want to see more students come to summit and winter conference this year so pray for that too....I think you guys already know what to pray for.

Brad will be arriving here tomorrow (yikes) but I am so excited about him coming and us being able to finally be in the same place doing ministry together (hopefully). Please pray for him too, I know how hard it is to be in a place where language is difficult....

Apart from that I don't really have any news. Again I am really sorry I have been absent. I feel like this is the first moment I have had to sitt and write...

I do miss you and love you all

Hannah

1 comment:

Jess Versteeg said...

wisdom from lydia to me re: women's ministry: "all you need is God, your bible and a copy of post cards from corinth," pretty good advice i'd say

You'll be great, Hannah. Remember, God brought you into that mess (being KSL!), He'll bring you out for His glory!!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO exciting about baby christians. praise the Lord. i pray for quebec often. je t'aime!