I would just like to announce that Jon successfully left Kingston, Ontario at 9:00 pm having finished writing his LSATs here earlier today. He said that they went surprisingly well, which is fantastic.
Things here in Kingston are awesome. I'm really quite surprised at how much I'm growing in my walk with God. I'm meeting up with my friend Brittany (who went to Tanz last summer) every sunday to chat & pray with no time limit which turns into 3-4 hours of good times. Yesterday we went sharing near the water by campus and it went really well. It was interesting because this guy when he'd talk about things he'd WANT Christianity to be, it turns out that it actually is those things. In some circumstances though he would say things that were slightly off but we couldn't pinpoint what it was that was off, so we just didn't address them. But the convo lasted for a good 1-1.5 hours which is amazing. After that we booked it to A&P, bought food, I made dinner for her and Jon and then we all went to see JI Packer speak on the doctrine of the Trinity. Good times.
But yeah, God is definitely blowing my mind. Every day he answers a prayer of mine, and I'm not even joking. I feel like I'm tapping into a little of whatever Emily had last summer. My prayer life has been nuts too - I'm praying for people on project like there's no tomorrow, and praying for next year, and for my co-workers and yeah, it's just ridiculous. Work is even going well - a couple weeks ago I thought my one boss hated me, and it turns out (after I prayed for favour in their eyes) I'm their favourite! Go figure.
I feel like the rest of the summer is going to go quickly: Sunday my dad, brothers & grandpa are coming up to celebrate Father's day & my birtdhay, then the 23rd of June is the dreaded wedding (my mom's), and then July 11 is my housemate's wedding. Then the summer is almost over! Anyways, I'll stop blabbing. Love you all dearly!!
Monday, June 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
And you said "Facing the Giants" was cheesy :P He just won football games is all ;)
Speaking of which the rest of you need to go find a movie called "Facing the Giants" and watch it. Very cheesy, very predictable, and the acting isn't all that good (but not much more to be expected as they're all volunteers from a church) but was a refreshing thing to watch.
Jess I am so glad things are going well for you spiritually. I feel like I need some of that spiritual juice of yours :) Maybe I just need to come see ya! LOL. :)
wow!
jess...so glad to hear that you are growing each day!
for me, i need to read the Holy Bible more, my mind is getting so lazy!
Post a Comment