Saturday, February 17, 2007

c'est MOI.....JENNY TANg!!!!!!

Happy Chinese New Year!
I am so excited to post again that I don't really know where to begin...so let me break this into sections and you can choose which part you are most interested in reading !

1) Current Situation

Our reading break at UBC starts NOW! It's from Feb 19 to the 23!!! However, I will only get Thursday off because I have to work on Tues and Friday, and lab on Mon and Wed. Today is Chinese New Year Eve, and we are going to have dinner at my grandmother's place along with other relatives!

2) Where do I work?

I am now working at a tofu company call Superior Tofu www.superiortofu.com and I was hired as a HACCP Coordinator (which is managing a food safe program). But since it's a small company, I also get to do quality control and developing new products. One of the products that we are trying to make is egg tofu. And it has been challenging for me because I really have no experience in making tofu. But all these years at UBC make it useful b/c I can access the UBC database and look at what other researchers have done b4 in this!!! Haha...which was really exciting!

3) What is my school lab about?

Way back in September, our group chose "Hot" Ice-cream as a project for our final year lab. It was very exciting at first since the idea of "hot" ice-cream was unheard of to us. Imagine this, this ice-cream is solid when it's hot and yet when it's cold, it will start to melt, which is totally the opposite from conventional ones. All these months, we failed numerous time.....BUT last week, we manage to make something that looks a bit promising!

4) What are my plans for this summer?
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......CM 2007!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I REALLY REALLY want to go!!!!!! It's from Jun 30 to July 6 and guess what....my friend Marini is getting married on July 7 in Indonesia!!!!!!!
The cost will be $2200 for everything, which is very pricey for me since i don't even have this much in my account =(. Marini said she will pay for all my travel cost + food+accomodations in Indonesia...ahh.....where can i find such a good deal. Plus, her parents own a farm that raise cows, chicken, fish, peacocks, boars....along with papaya trees (I LOVE PAPAYA!), nato beans etc!!!! Anyone want to join me? Marini said that she doesn't mind if my friends come along, and she will also pay for all your food+ accomodations

5) What are my plans after I graduate?
My manager at work offered me a full time position once I graduate. I was happy yet I don't know how 40h a week of work will look like :S. I still want to go back to the Orient for a year. And God is telling me to wait...

6) Overall...
God is AMAZING! He allowed me to witness again and again how that everything is under His Control! Do you guys still remember back in the 1st retreat where I said that my struggle is when people tell me their problems, I always feel like that I have to help them solve it by giving them good advices? If not, then I will feel very bad and frustrate. Recently, my three very close girlfriends were struggling with relationship issues. When they shared with me, I had a great peace of just sitting there to listen w/o things going in my mind like "jenny, think of something good to say to them" or "give them some advices that would sound wise"....etc...Instead, I felt that there are something holding my mind back and once in a while, a thought came "When necessary, use words".

That's all for now!!!
g2g now, my sis has to use the computer!!

jenn :0)

3 comments:

I love yellow said...

oh Jenny Tang I love hearing from you and how God is challenging you in things. it's really amazing to see! I know God will eventually show you what He wants and it might be working 40 h a week in Tofu. :) I think what you have to remember is that you can be a great influence even there. I miss you Jenny Tang!!!!

Chara said...

JENNY TANG!!!

I love how when I read your posts, i can totally hear you saying what you write!

wow...lots of really encouraging good news. and "hot" icecream! how exciting...my brain hurts just trying to think about it.

and that's great about not taking on other ppl's problems...i have a HUGE problem with that, yet this time around with my housemate, it's been a lot better than last year! at least it doesn't consume my thoughts anymore...

Jeremoi said...

Hey Jenny. I'll be going to CM 2007 as well... mmm... taking in a wedding in Indonesia might be a perfect cap to that, but I'll have to see... lol