Hey guys
a small update on la semaine J that is ending today.
I have to say the turn out to Dr.Craig's conference was a little disappointing as about 100 people showed up. Of that number I would say 20 people were Christians. At first I was really really disappointed by this but as the conference continued, and especially when the time for questions came, I realized that the people that were there were really people that were searching. We had a lot of really good pertinent questions, and that was cool. In some ways I think even if there were less people, it had a greater impact. At least I pray it did.
I also really saw God yesterday when Afiwa and I went sharing. We were both pretty bummed and discouraged from the week because we hadn't really seen anything amazing happen ( I was disappointed because the day before, my friend had completely refused a V3 and basically told me that we were insane for giving them out). We just decided to take some time to pray. We spent 20 or 25 minutes just sharing what was on our hearts and praying. When we were done we really didn't feel like going but I was like we need to go talk to one person. So we did, and we ended up sharing the gospel with her. Then I was like ok time to go home...and Afi was like let's just talk to one more. So I was like FINE...and we ended up having a really good conversation with a girl...we started presenting the gospel but she was kinda closed to it but we ended up talking about the Bible and how she thought it had changed over the years...by the end I really think she had a better vision of Christians and the Bible in general and we did leave her a knowing God personally. I think what I learned from that was that God is AWESOME...and he knows what we need. I think he knew that Afi and I needed to be encouraged, and gave us some great conversations...in the sciences building at that (I really really hate going sharing there).
I also got to do SIQs in my class. At first my teacher had refused for me to do it because she had a really really busy class that week but eventually she let me do it during the break. It was really cool because 2 girls left their names and contact in a class of about 50 and they both checked the box I would like more information about having a personal relationship with God.
Sometimes I think it's hard to see what God is doing but a lot of the time I feel like it,s because I am not looking and I am too involved in my own self to care.
So all in all, this has been a hard week, but at the same time God has taught me so much!!!
please pray for me as I have a biology exam on Monday I am not ready for!
Hannah
Friday, February 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
thanks for the update! I know how frustrating it can be when things don't go how you envisioned them, but it's amazing how God will widdle down a group of ppl so that they're just the group of ppl that should be there (ex: Gideon's army).
and glad that you not only survived the week, but you were hugely encouraged and stretched too!
Post a Comment