Saturday, February 17, 2007

ma vieee

okkk so it's update time again. I'm in Renfrew for reading week which should be good relaxing times. Things have been RIDICULOUSLY AMAZING. I can't even articulate how GREAT GOD IS. I feel like rainbows and bunnies and lollipops and giggling babies are emmenating from me life is so good. Or something.

My housemate is doing better, although things aren't 100% worked out. She feels like a pharmacy with all the drugs she's on and yeah. But God is good and we're in a positive transition. I have a counselling sesh after reading week to help me manage and just talk about everything with someone. While I don't really feel its necessary, things can change so quickly so I figure it would be wise to keep the appointment.

I'm looking for a job for the summer and I definitely need prayer in terms of wise use of my money. I have a lot more left over than I'm used to and I feel like God is calling me to give a significant amount to friends doing missions. I also have the desire to go to CM2007. I need wisdom to see if that is an important investment in my life (with the hopes of investing in other's, the trianing i receive there - if i do go), or if it is just a great opportunity that i COULD pass up and use the money i'd spend going there to support missions. The other awkward thing is, do i give my money away before i get a job in faith that God will provide? Last summer isn't exactly what I'd call a faith-stimulator in the sense that I somewhat question if God will bring me through that again (PLEASE NO!!!). Know what I mean? Anyways, my dad really challenged me as to why I want to go to Korea and if it is a wise decision - he prompted me to really seek God's will and pray about it before I buy a ticket simply because its "a great opportunity." BUT I REALLY WANT TO GO.

Also, the Servant Team here is actively in the process of selecting the leaders for next year and so please keep them in prayer. Angela (my housemate & female KSL) has been asking me what I hope my role is next year, and so I would relish your prayers (mmm hot dogs... wait... i don't even LIKE relish) for them and for me. Just because she asked me what I want to do doesn't mean I'm on ST... and I question if I'd even be good at it. But yeah, just for wisdom & guidance for us.

ANDdd pray for Jeremy; apparently the NA STINT ppl are trying to track him down and challenge him to go with them next year. Kind of funny twist of events. So yeah, pray that he is open to God's calling if that's what God is doing - or that the team would have some sort of divinely inspired idea of who to challenge next.

2 comments:

I love yellow said...

Jess,thanx for the encouragement about discipling someone. I guess you did a good job with me even though I was probably one of the most annoying people to disciple in the world...LOL but hey I believe in love now so mission accomplished! LOL

As for all your plans. Yeah it is hard about trusting God for a job. I am the same way. Like I mean things are looking good for that, but there are still many things that need to fall in place for employment for me this summer. But God is always good and he always provides!

Chara said...

yea...i think that's why Rachel took me out for coffee (to ask about ST for next year), but i think i totally shut her down by accident! lol..i'm not sure if i'm gunna invest my time and abilities in c4c again next year or @ church instead...something else to think about!

and it's true...they are trying to get m. jeremoi over to NA!