Hi. It's been so long. Just thought I'd give an update. It's really exciting to hear what God is teaching you guys this summer. I've been having a pretty sweet summer so far. Started off I was not having any clue or direction of where to go. God's provided 2 jobs. One thats just one night a week at a Racquet Club (i work at the canteen), another at a Quizno's for 4 days a week. It was really nice because my schedule just fell into place without much rearranging on my part. I'm also taking a course this summer and volunteering on Saturdays. So its busy, and I'm getting really run down so I hope to change something so I'm not so exhausted all the time.
I've been learning a lot this summer and feel so challenged on so many levels. One of the things I wanted to do this summer was take all the stuff I learned last summer about sharing in the workplace, and apply (well, I remembered after reading someones post on here) I figured, hey, Hannah and Brad are here, I'm going to prayer meetings and am in a DG, why not make it project here in Waterloo. Anyway, that's been kinda exciting, God's definately moving in my workplace in spite of me and there's been lots of spiritual conversations all over the place. I also felt really challenged by God lately in terms of my integrity, and the importance of having integrity in everything not only to please God but for spiritual protection. Things like, 'don't be lazy and not weigh the meat properly for the sub' haha that sounds silly, but things like that. I'm also realizing how jobs in fast food are huge opportunities to serve and glorify God, the opportunity is literally constant. And, its not exactly the most glamourous job, so I feel like its keeping me humble. I never saw work that way before and has made the difference between loving or hating this job.
I've been growing a lot in my church. I'm soooooo grateful for this church I've been going to. I didn't really like it before but now I realize how challenging it is.
There was a baptism service a few weeks ago. I haven't really considered baptism, because i actually got baptised with my sister in my second year when I dedicated my life to Christ. But I knew then I didn't really understand it. I knew I had to, but mostly because that's what people were telling me, not because "I" had that personal conviction. Anyway, without going into detail the craziness that is being a twin (or of that year in general) and the reasons why i got baptized when i didnt really know what i was doing... I'm probably going to get baptized again soon.
I actually have to run right now but I hope you guys are all doing really well. I'm going to try and post on this thing more regularly.
Emily
Sunday, May 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hehe, two jobs eh. It's so amazing that you're schedule is just falling into place so that they both work out though.
And you could not be working at a better sub place than Quiznos.... mmmmm.
So glad to hear that everything's going well with you Emily. Keep us posted eh?
ahah...that's so cool that you're learning some of the exact same lessons I remember learning when I worked a Quizno's a few years back too (and i'm thinking now I need to relearn them here @ home living with my family!). integrity was a HUGE issue, from making sure you paid for all the food you ate in the store (subs, cookies, soup, etc.), to making each sub as if it was my own, to actually performing the cleaning duties as they were supposed to be done without any short-cuts or doing all the yucky jobs so that other ppl didn't have to do them.
the list goes on...service is a never-ending lesson to be learned I think. but i love it! it's one of those really cool parts about being a Christian!
so good to hear from you even though I hear from you every week! I am glad God is giving you oppertunity to share at work that is AWESOME!
Post a Comment