Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Routine

That's pretty much all MY life has become.

Eat. Sleep. Pretend to study for LSATs. Run errands. Work. Eat. Sleep. Pretend to study for LSATs some more.

If anything, when I sit down to study for my LSATs, I become paralyzed by the fact that I need to do so well... but I really need to start listening to everyone's advice and just study hard, do my best, and have faith that if God wants me in law school, then he'll get me into law school, no matter how long it takes.

Now what'll REALLY throw me off is if God doesn't actually want me in law school after all. That'll be something that I'm not looking forward to hearing if it's the truth.

*Looks up at what he's written. Shakes head in shame.*

Sometimes... who am I kidding me.... too often, I forget who it was that gave me the academic ability to get as far as I have in the first place. I'm like the man that James (the one in the Bible, not our good friend Jacques) talks about who said "and tomorrow we will go to this and that city and trade and make a profit." I must constantly be reminded that I am a mist in the air, a flower that is here today and dead tomorrow, grass that crumbles into nothing. And where the LORD leads me, there I must go... no?

*sigh* So easy to say... so much more difficult to do.

This is one of my two difficulties at the moment. My other you are well aware of. I do not speak of it. It is compartmentalized in the back of my brain to either die or grow so large that when the compartment is opened, it must be acted upon. We shall see what we shall see.

My apologies if this sounds cryptic and odd. It's kind of late. Hope all is going well with the rest of you... it's always amazing to read updates and reports from all over Canada. And we must do something about a reunion soon.

2 comments:

Chara said...

i know what you mean about the routine. life around here has kinda been like that a bit, but there's been enough things to kind of chop up my day so it's not so mundane. that'll all change next week though when my job starts...

but yea...here's kinda what I find works: there's nothing wrong with a routinized day. in fact i find it kinda good b/c then i don't waste my time doing essentially nothing of any importance. the trick i find is finding other things, besides the MUST-DO's (as my kindergarten teacher used to call them), to slot into your day as well. Maybe it's quiet time, going for a walk, rotating your studying location (library, outside on the porch, @ a park, in a coffee shop), scheduleing in e-mailing writing time, purposely calling a friend x-number of times a week, reading a non-school related book, uhh....writing a symphony. lol. whatever floats your boat.

pray about how God wants you to fill your time (even though there's a TON of studying to do, i'm sure. but God's still in charge of your hours, right?).

...and now i'm going to follow my own advice and plan out the rest of my day. lol.

Jonathan P said...

Haha... I'm not so worried about routine. I'm reading pride and prejudice, albeit slowly. Just pray for those LSATs.....