Sunday, December 03, 2006

project

So if you guys weren't in the loop at all, I've been considering North Africa project for next summer a little bit. Only because I had an "unexplained" interest in Muslim areas and I wanted to explore the idea to make sure I wasn't ignoring God's voice or something (it goes with my paranoia of thinking I can screw up God's plan haha).

Going on North Africa project would require me to forfeit my 410 placement, which right now is looking more like I'll be doing AIDS education in Uganda (maybe I'll even see Rainbow there!). But after going to dinner with Marie-Lynn & Peter Malikie & two friends who went to North Africa this past summer (and are both either joining staff or thinking of STINT/joining staff). I came to the conclusion that at this point I don't feel a calling on my life, or an interest for that matter in doing NA project. That's definitely an answer to prayer. Imagine being around a bunch of people nostalgic about project & still not wanting to go? Crazy, I know. Maybe that's because they were only talking about really sketchy stories like pitbulls fighting on the beach and strange men breathing down their necks. lol odd.

Classes ended on friday and now I have an essay due wednesday and my first exam on friday. Wish you all the best in your studying and looking forward to seeing some of you @ WC!!

ooh and I JUST got my final paycheck this past week from Elizabeth House. Crazy, eh? lol but it was awesome cause it was DOUBLE what I was expecting. Waiting does pay off!!

4 comments:

Rainbow Choi =) said...

JESSSSS THAT WOULD BE AMAAAAZING x 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000!!!! aaaaaaaah!!!!

Rainbow Choi =) said...

ps. speaking of development, if any of you guys are looking for creative Christmas presents, HOPE International (the Christian international development organization ive been working for this semester) has a Christmas catalogue of gifts you can give to people, like World Vision and Samaritans Purse and some of those organizations.

basically, you can pick a gift like "one year of education for a child in the Philippines" and "give" it to someone.. HOPE will send them a note describing the gift you've given them.

you can order online / find out more about HOPE at

www.hope-international.com


let me know if you guys have questions! =)

I love yellow said...

haha you had a meal with Marilyne and Paul? That's stinkin hilarious...and I am glad that you have figured that out because I know Marilyne and Paul can be pretty persuasive when it comes to North Africa...I was like I want to go, when clearly that,s not a possibility for the summer. So congrats, and I'll keep praying! Oh by the way aren't they a great couple? I love 'em!

Jonathan P said...

Hehe, that's awesome that you've got that certainty. Ahhh, we just have to move on in faith right... reminds me of what... er... Mike's dad talked about at our second retreat.