Wednesday, October 18, 2006

prayer...

please join us in prayer...

Dan Asher was a guy in 2nd year at SFU C4C that gave his life to Christ not long ago. Daniel suddenly felt ill yesterday and went to the hospital. He had a punctured bowel and the infection made him too weak to under go surgery and he passed away yesterday evening. His sister Maria is also in C4C... went to Tanzania this summer, just got engaged a couple days ago. This comes as a total shock. Please pray for the Asher family as they grieve.

My friend Debbie is in Brazil right now and knew Dan well from SFU C4C... just called me and is an emotional wreck, away from home and trying to somehow continue to trust God for His goodness and be a witness to her field school classmates through this. please pray for her too

5 comments:

I love yellow said...

wow that is completly insane! I will be in prayer, definetly!

Chara said...

wow...good to know. thanks rainbow for passing that along.

Jenny Tang said...

thank you for sharing this. I will keep that in my prayer. See you tmr....

Rainbow Choi =) said...

a message from Maria...

Dan was a great friend to many, he still is, even now, helping me with the strength to do this. Yesterday, I want you all to know that Dan was ok, he was positive, he was happy, and friendly, the way he always is. He loves God, Jesus, and his family, but not just us, his Christian brothers and
sisters. Many of you may not have known this, but last year Daniel got invovled with C4C and that is how I started coming. I joined C4C because I saw how much Dan loved it, how much he respected it, and everyone in it, that I couldnt deny how impacting it is. Daniel guided me spiritually to where I am today, and I love him so much for that. Daniel always spoke so
highly of all his friends at c4c and loved SFU, was so proud to be there, and so happy to have so many friends. Last year at Winter Conference, that was his first trip on his own, as an "adult" and he loved it, we were so proud of him. When I went on project this summer to Tanzania, Dan and I
would always talk over! emails. When I felt that there as no way to raise all the money to go, Dan would always reassure me that God is in control. Just like now Dan, God is in control...Dan knew that, yesterday, he asked for his Bible in the hospital. Dan took his Bible everywhere, even to work.
Dan is a rolemodel to me, to my family, and to many.

I want to ask to our C4C family a request for Dan. Dan would want people to remember him for the good time, the good talks, and his passion for life, for God, and for people. I would like to ask for your help in organizing a memorial service for Dan Asher. I thought next week we would hold it up at
SFU. This would mean so much to him, to me, and to my family. I dont know exactly what to do, so if anyone could spare time this/next week ti help me
plan this, I would deeply appreciate this.

Lets remember Dan, the happy, positive, funny, and God-fearing man that he is.

In God's Love;

Maria Asher

Jonathan P said...

I love how Christians tend to speak of the loved ones that have passed away in the present tense, for it is as D.L. Moody said in his last will and testament...

"Someday, everyone will be saying that Dwight L. Moody is dead. Don't you believe a word of it. I will be more alive than I have ever been." (paraphrase)

This is so true and it's great to see that Maria also believes this. I will remember to pray for their family. Thank you for sharing this Rainbow.