So I was studying/watching the Leafs vs. Avalanche hockey game last night (yes we lost... quite badly... the Avs deserved to win that one) and I heard something that made me laugh. It was the high point of the match (other than the fact that it was the Avs that scored causing the announcer to say this.)
The 1st goal of the night for the Colorado avalanche, tying the game 1-1 was scored by Brett McLean. What was even funnier was that when the announcers were just trying to fill in time, they told us all that the good Mr. McLean hailed from one Comox, British Columbia.
Previous to this summer, that would have meant nothing to me.
But last night, it was cause for me to almost fall out of my chair laughing. Everyone in that pub must have thought that I'd gone insane.
Thursday, October 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That's right, Comox beats Toronto, at Hockey and about a million other things! :)
hahaha...I thought Brad was the ONLY person from Comox...(oh and obviously Brad's parents and sister). That is so funny...
and by the way, it's quite normal the leafs lost...they just suck, it's not your fault!
And the scenery... and the skiing... Yeah I get it BC/Comox is better :P
And yes, the Leafs really did suck last night. And I would have to refute your statement that it is NOT quite normal for the leafs to lose. Their record, if I may point out, is virtually identical to the Habs and much better than at least 20 other teams in the league. (btw, I take no offence, I just like to point out that, contrary to popular belief, the Leafs do not REALLY suck... they just can't ever follow through. Like the Habs I might add :P)
Now what REALLY surprises me is that the Minnesota Wild remain undefeated while teams such as Calgary, Vancouver, Ottawa, and Colorado sit at the bottom of their divisions. It's befuddling.
Haha... and Joe Choi is organizing a men's ministry social to watch the habs/leafs game at a pub nearby U of T next Saturday. Being the only Habs fan, I'm sure he's having fun LOL
oh yea? well i think that the milewake milkshakes should have beat the st. franscisco sloths like 54 to 21! it was OUTRAGOUS that the milkies actually got away with it...
...shuffle board these days...i'm telling ya..
Haha, and you call yourself Canadian Chara :P
Lol, don't mind me, I've turned into a bit of a hockey junkie.
umm Chara...no offence but even I know what Jon is talking about! Hockey is great!
Post a Comment