Friday, November 10, 2006

thrive not survive

So where do I begin? I'm just going to go bullet form I think:
  • a friend Ian saw someone pray to receive Christ yesterday! I think they're planning on meeting up tomorrow for follow up. PRAISE GOD!
  • this whole semester has been a GIANT spiritual warfare battleground. Right from the get-go everyone around me was feeling the attack, and it's still continuing. I'm not even being exaggerative. Out of 6 girls @ DG tonight we were ALL struggling with our times with God. I really don't think that's a coincidence (plus there's a lot of really exciting things going on @ Queen's...)
  • which leads me to my next point: please continue praying that we'd have a spirit of unity within the group but also within the fellowships.
  • pray for me.... my times with God have been sucky but there have been some break-throughs finally. I think partly I'm just really not feeling built into at all. Partly because of my lack of devos, but i'm also not really getting much from my DG etiher... I'm realizing just how much I got from our DGs this summer ladies - you guys taught me so much!
  • pray that God would open/close doors for next summer. I'm really unsure about things right now. I'm not really sure if I've mentioned this at all, but there was a prospect of me going overseas to do a development project and get a bunch of credits for it @ school. (which translates to 1.5 credits @ queen's or likely 9 credits elsewhere) BUT things just aren't working out as i had thought. I'm going to find out more tomorrow when I talk to the prof of that course. I've concluded (thus far) that if I don't get accepted into the course, that I'll be going on North Africa project next summer. If I do get into the course, i have 2 options of organizations to work with: Queens Project on International Development or Hope international (yay rainbow).... but i don't know anything really about Hope yet. SO, if those two things fall through - you guessed it, NA! I just need God to open and close doors, and give me a heart (or more of a heart) for the area that he wants... wisdom and guidance would be fantastic too.
  • pray that I can minister to my friend Julie in the way that she needs.... and that I woul better balance my life.. balance is SO my archenemy.
  • also.... things with God have so not been great. did i mention that already?? oh yeah, i did. I haven't been sharing since montreal - i know... bad. But point 1 has made me more encouraged to do that. um.... there was something else i was going to say but i forget.... yeah i totally forget.. OH WAIT. got it
  • i'm playing @ our weekly meeting tomorrow night... PIANO. scareeeee. You guys were the first people I played for other than my church at home and these people are my peers and semi-close friends. semi-close is harder because they can totally make fun of you and talk behind your back about how much you suck. close friends don't. haha i'm being totally paranoid, but pray for me anyways
  • OHHHHH that's what I was going to say... (see my title) - God challenged me today not to just survive, but to thrive.

9 comments:

I love yellow said...

Jess you will be in my prayers. I know how hard it is when your relationship is not good with God. I had been dealing with that a bit lately too...I think it was the way I was doing my devos I dunno...and I am glad you got to see someone come to Christ. Maybe God is like trying to make you realize you need a kick in the butt or something (sorry, I know He has done that to me before that is why I mention).

Jonathan P said...

I'll be remembering to pray for your struggles Jess. Seems to be the time for them.

Danae said...

jess i totally know where you're coming from. i relate in alot of ways. and you know, i learned so much from our DG's inthe summer too, and when i compare them... this year's doesnt really stand up. i think maybe i try to compare them on the same level, but they're different DG's with different girls, and God probly wants to use them in different ways... i dunno how long till i get that through my head though. =) i often wish i could just go back to summer. it was hard at times, but we learned how to deal with it, and each other. So i guess im saying i relate and im praying for you.

<3

Jess Versteeg said...

i so agree danae. I HEART ALL OF YOUE

Jess Versteeg said...

(so much so there's an extra "e"!)

Chara said...

hey dude! good to know what's been really going on with you, even though i see you like once to twice a week....WE NEED TO CATCH UP!! aahhh!

and amen about the thriving, not surviving....

Rainbow Choi =) said...

hey jess, thanks for sharing what's been up... and giving us some things to be prayin for you for! i miss our dg too!

a/b HOPE, i just found out they don't have a team going to ethiopia this summer afterall =(... but dominican republic & philippines i think... maybe sri lanka and maybe bangladesh possibly..

how did piano playing go? dont worry about what people may or may not be saying... remember that chapter of "faith is not a feeling" about inflated perceptions or whatever they called it...!

ill definitely be praying

big hearts <3

xxooXXooXOXx (for those of you who've seen nacho libre!!)

Rainbow Choi =) said...

and sorry ive been pretty MIA from the blog recently... so busy...!!


love you all though!!

Jonathan P said...

LOL

hug hug kiss kiss hug hug kiss kiss little hug big hug big kiss big hug little hug.

LOL