So I got Hinzeled today. It was the single most exciting experience of my life to date, probably because I don't remember becoming a Christian. I don't want to give him too much credit, but THE LORD HAS BLESSED GREGG WITH HUGE SKILLS. He's here in Kingston to talk at our weekly meeting tonight to kick off our campus's 3 Questions outreach. He requested to talk to (COOL EH?) because I indicated @ the Life Luncheon that I'm seriously considering joining staff.
One of the first questions he asked me was: Jess, there are several thousand orphans in the world. What are you doing right now at Queen's to change that?
and them my mind proceeded to BLOW UP.
By the end of our 45 minute discussion he had me believing that I really could change the world. That what I do here matters and what I will do in the future can matter if I make it matter. By the end of my talk with him I realized that there really isn't anything I would rather do than join staff at this stage in my life, but I think before I do that, I want to do a STINT to Tanzania/Malawi and make an impact there.
Gregg really challenged me to expand my vision and realize - truly realize - my own potential and how I really CAN change the world.
AND YOU CAN TO!!!! haha
So pray for me. Since I've decided to stay in Kingston this summer which is crazy, pray that I get a great job close to campus where I can share my faith & hopefully use my Devs skills. Pray that I can FILL MY HOUSE cause i'm going to have to find 4 people to live with cause that's what God wants me to do. And pray that I'll be able to committ to going on STINT by August like Gregg challenged me to so I can drag a bunch of people along with me haha.
Spiritual Multiplication. Think of the possibilities, folks, just think.
Friday, January 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hehe, Hinzeled... You'll never guess where that term came from...
That's right, the guys at Waterloo. And not just any guys, but it came from the house in which I lived in first year (called The Spot). I don't remember exactly which of us came up with the term... but it's definitely a Waterloo original! We turned just about everyone's name into a verb that year... I'm glad to hear that one is catching on elsewhere. :)
hah...sounds like a waterloo original. That is really cool Jess. I am excited about the fact that you are excited about joining staff and even just staying in Kingston this summer. Sometimes we have in our head that to be effective we have to like go somewhere really far whereas in reality, yeah we can make a difference right where we are. Plus if you stay in Kingston, maybe I'd come visit you! :)
Hehe... Hinzeled... yeah, that verb has caught on at Mac as well. Gregg challenged us all at our first weekly meeting of the new semester. But yeah, I've met with him before - and it has always been a stretching and challenging experience, a stern prod in the behind to open your heart and mind to what God wants to do and how you can be apart of it.
The challenge is to step up and act upon it and not just remain "hinzeled" (aka. dazzled and stunned)... but it sounds like you are well on your way toward that... STINT sounds like a fantastic idea... lol... you know where to write if you need some support (although I can't promise you much!)
Post a Comment