Thursday, January 25, 2007

life = fast & crazy

I guess I haven't really posted much on here in awhile. But I have been reading and I am up-to-date! Life, as I assume for most of you as well, has been out of control! In my first two weeks back I felt as if it had been MONTHS since winter break. My mind had just been all over the place and so much had to be done that it feels like it was ages since I've seen you. God has been ever present throughout all of this, which is awesome; it means that even though we're nearing the end of our 3 Questions outreach that I'm still in an awesome position with God, and my DG girls haven't been getting neglected per se, and neither has my work. Praise God!

Life is actually very different since I was Hinzeled. I really do see the world in a different way, no longer as something broken that cannot be fixed, but my hope has been renewed. I finally understand the value of all those passages in 1 Peter that go on and on about Jesus only to remind us that we have hope in Him!

Things with my housemates have been great, although last week was pretty sketchy with my one who's health isn't so great. God challenged me in my faith in finding new housemates for next year (since 3 are graduating) and to turn Chateau William (my house) into a God-centred-ministry-factory! I guess factory isn't the best word, but you get my drift. So God provided 2 first years, my one housemate from this year and another, more familiar one: Madame Lafleur! My faith was stretched so much because God gave me a vision for this house, and it meant that I had to step out against all of the 'easy' choices and find housemates while my landlord was breathing down my neck. I flat out told him (my landlord) one day that I believed God wanted me here and to fill the house with Christian girls so could he please give me a break? haha that worked out well, even if I was barely holding on to my faith near the end.

So yeah. God is so good and mind blowing! Keep praying for me and my housemates as we learn to cope and support my other housemate as she's still in transition diagnosing what's going on. Right now they're thinking bi-polar which is really discouraging for her: 90% divorce rate?? ekk. Pray for healing!!!! Pray also that I'm able to build into my girls in a way that they totally out-do me, cause that would be SOOO COOL. Well, I'm off to do a one-on-one.

Ooh pray also for Chara. Her housemates have been going through a lot and from what I gather she's turned into a bit of a counsellor - not that that's a bad thing, because she's good at it! But she's been sooooo busy these last few weeks she hasn't even been able to check the blog - and its her homepage/lifeline haha. So that's saying a lot. Pray that God restores her energy and her mind during her few minutes she has of silence/time with Him so that she can go out and keep pressing on through all her responsibilities!

Love you & think about going to CM2007!

ooh also Hannah stopped by here tuesday night to spend the night on her way to see brad. good times at DQ are always to be had!

5 comments:

I love yellow said...

A lot of the time Jess I wish you, Chara and I lived in the same city. Seriously, I had such a good time in that hour we spent together. It's so weird how there are people that maybe you only met for a short time in your life, yet you feel like whenever you meet them again, it will be the same no matter what has happened in your life or theirs. I feel that way about you and Chara. So thanks for an awesome Dairy Queen time!

Also, I will continue praying for you and for madame Lafleur..sometimes life is hard, it's a good thing we have Jesus! :)

Rainbow Choi =) said...

ahh praying for you queens gals... im just getting a real understanding of this housemate evangelism! which is not at all evangelism like ive ever known it before! luv ya lots

rainbow =)

ps. i get what you mean about feeling nerdy when you study now! im seriously the only one in my house that *ever* does any school work, and getting dragged outside to have midnight snowball fights and snowmen builing, or entertaining random guests x 100000000/day, or making dinner with roommates or having tea together when people come home from the day or.... the list goes on, and i feel like i either have to a) hide out in my room and pretend im not home or b) stay up all night after everyone's gone to bed so i can do my reading/work and try unsuccessfully to be functional the next day or c) just resolve just to get nothing done.... all of which urks me to no end.

i think i need to pray for more of God's love, genuine love, for my roomies, not just "these are the people God's put in my life so i should invest in them"

Chara said...

...thanks for posting an update on my behalf, jess. seriously...i really needed that. and a lot of prayer...

aahhh...time to start my homework (and yes, it is 12:47am). welcome to my life these past 3 weeks...

Chara said...

PS: hannah, DQ was awesome!! except it kinda felt like a dream...you showing up @ my house, us wandering the empty downtown streets of kingston after DQ, going to sleep, then saying goodbye, and then heading right back to bed again!

Jeremoi said...

Where do you sign up for CM 2007?

Good to hear from you Queen's! Want to fill me in on the whole 3 Question's thing, and what exactly is happening for that?