Sunday, August 20, 2006

only in Saskatchewan

before i begin, i need to give a short geography lesson regarding rural western Saskatchewan...

Kindersley (my hometown) is approx. 100km east of the AB border, Rosetown is 100km east of Kindersley. Eatonia is 50km south of Kindersley, and Kerrobert is 50 km north. So the total area between those areas is... 2000km2.

Last week non-other than a dear old FARMER (from my grand town of Kindersley, Sk) ran his combine auger through a power line and continued to drag it across his field before noticing. He then was trapped inside his combine clinging only to his rubber seat which allowed him to avoid the electric voltage that was now surrounding his entire machine. He stayed inside the combine until somebody noticed he had not returned when he should have... and he was rescued, unharmed (except for his pride i would imagine). This small ordeal put the entire forementioned 2000+km2 of people out of electicity for 4 hours.

i had to laugh... only in Saskatchewan

6 comments:

I love yellow said...

Danae I absolutly love your weird stories from the farm! loL! It's great...

Jonathan P said...

Ahahaha! Lol, that's HI larious...

Jess Versteeg said...

haha that is pretty darn funny lol!

Chara said...

ahahaaa...that's amazing! as a story of course...not that the poor farmer dude was trapped on his rubber seat for hours. it makes me want to move to the country...seriously. nothing funny happens in the 'burbs.

Jenny Tang said...

wow...i love the story cuz I don't think I will ever have the opportunity to hear something like this in BC...esp. where I live

Jeremoi said...

i agree... "only in saskatchewan"