Thursday, August 24, 2006

Potential home....

Well the hunt for accomodations for the coming school year continues. I went to look at a few places yesterday. They could all potentially work although one kind of looks the place I would like to stay. There is only one slight dilemma....I need to get the job first. Job???? Yeah, my mom saw an ad in the Winnipeg Free Press on Saturday for a position as Residence Assistant at St. John's Ravenscourt, a private highschool in Winnipeg. I went to find out a few more things about the job yesterday. Not only are you paid an hourly wage but also room and board are included. That would definetly be the best place to live. It could also be an incredible ministry opportunity. So much potential...but I shouldn't jump ahead of myself here. There is two openings available. Right now I'm leaving the whole home thing up in the air to see if this job works out. Please pray about this, that no matter what I will find somewhere to live even if it isn't exactly what I want.

Being in the city I also had the chance to catch up with a couple of friends. Spent some time with a friend I lived with my first year in university. Then met up with my buddy Jeff for drinks at Starbucks. We're planning our bowling match, he's so certain that he is going to beat me and thus I have to buy him a Goog special (a super amazing ice cream dessert). However, I happen to have some pretty mad skills when it comes to bowling so we'll see about that. I also had a chance to chat with one of my super close girlfriends. We made plans for Sunday, which should be a lot of fun. Sunday is also planning day for our U of M Campus for Christ chapter. I'm hoping I'll get a little more direction in regards to what I'm doing for the upcoming school year.

On a totally different note I think all the baking has caught up with me. It is time to go on a bit of diet and start working out again. As much as I'd love to buy a whole new wardrobe I just don't have the money for it.

12 comments:

Jenny Tang said...

hey!!!
aren't you and jeff supposed to go for pool? and do you still have any pocky left with you? need me to mail you some :p

and is santa clark coming to town soon?

Stephanie said...

Nope, Streetter and I play pool together. I still have some pocky left...and if I need some more I can buy it in Manitoba :)

I have no idea if Tyler is coming to town soon. Probably if he is still taking that course

Jess Versteeg said...

pocky?????????

Jonathan P said...

Is that "pocky????????" an "OMG I NEED POCKY NOW!" or a "What's pocky?"

Cuz if you don't know what pocky is, i'm ashamed of you jess :P

Jess Versteeg said...

(po-kee): Popular biscuit-like Japanese snack covered with a wide variety of flavors such as chocolate or strawberry. There are many Pocky references in anime, and some Pocky brands even sport anime characters on their boxes

Jess Versteeg said...

if that's what you're referring to... *shrugs* i had to look it up online. what can I say? I grew up in a town with 2 asian families. and they're only asian by the colour of the skin and that they both run the whitepeoplechinese restaurants

Stephanie said...

yup, that's the pocky we are referring to. Thanks for the clear definition Jess.

Danae said...

jess i didn't know either.

Brad Stewart said...

nor did I

Jess Versteeg said...

good! i didn't feel bad anyways lol.

Jenny Tang said...

ninja!!!! how can you not know what pocky was with me living w/you for 3 months???!!!! I thought you saw it when I gave them to Steph!!!!

Steph: sorry that i got jeff and streeter mixed up...too many to remember, and you still haven't show me their pics!

jelibeenz said...

ooo, Pocky! my little cousin calls them lightsabres...because they look like little lightsabres.... hmm. I used to have Pocky all the time but it's been a while. the best flavour is Men's Pocky. don't ask me why it's called that...it's just dark chocolate. maybe they think that only men like bitter chocolate, but if that is the case, they are very, very wrong.