Saturday, August 12, 2006

THANK YOU

YOU GUYS MADE MY DAY! Wow, so many well wishes. I felt so special. THis was a really awesome birthday. I got up this morning and went for a run- now that i am not working i actually have time again. I forgot it was my birthday, but my dad reminded me when i got home. My sister had a mangoe (and other various fruits) smoothie waiting for me on the table -with a little umbrella in it and everything. We ate them out on the deck. Nyla and I packed a picnic lunch and biked across town to a little park for the afternoon. Its funny cuz u never seem to do stuff like that inyour own town, but we had alot of fun. Came home, worked on "supporter letter stuff" for abit and then fell asleep on the swing in the backyard. Woke up in time to help mom with supper b4 grandpa, mary, and my cousin curtis and his wife and kids came over. The boys Gavin and Caleb (3 1/2 and 2) each gave me 2 roses, and a kiss on each cheek, PLUS they picked out their own presents... I got a squishy pink fish for in the bath tub and some smiley face pencils and some birthday blower things. I was so excited! My mom gave me a scrapbook for all my Montreal pictures, and some supplies, i guess that means i'll be starting on that soon too Chara. Yeah, my birthday was pretty awesome, and u guys made it even better. Thanks for thinking of me today! I miss you all!!!! Don't forget to look for the meteor shower tomorrow night!
Love, Danae

4 comments:

Danae said...

can i comment on my own message? Looks that way. Cuz iforgot one thing... I'm sorry you couldn't get ahold of my Jenny and Chara! The only number u guys have is my cell, and it died and i left my charger in Saskatoon. for future reference if u want to get ahold of me, my number at home (in Kindersley) is 306 463 2029. The thought means alot even if u didn't get through! you guys are too awesome.

Anonymous said...

Awww, that is so cute! Two roses and a kiss!

Chara said...

glad to hear you had a great day! and thanks for the phone #...now we REALLY know how to stock you. And thanks for the heads-up about the meteor shower. Jon, Jenny, Rachelle, Jeremoi and I are gunna head out of the city lights tonight and hopefully find a good look-out spot (even though the shower will be at its peek around 5am Sunday morning...)Y'all should do the same, and then we'd all be looking at the same meteors across the country! geeky...i know. but still fun :)

jelibeenz said...

aww, that's so sweet! little cousins are the best!
I wish I could have participated in the cross-country meteor-viewing tonight, but I spent the evening with various members of my extended family and their significant others at the Richmond night market--definitely not the best place to see meteors. I did see quite a few "fake shooting stars" (aka. airplanes) though as YVR is also in Richmond.... for those of you who did see them, I hope that they were as impressive and awe-inspiring as you had expected them to be...or even more so.
:)