Monday, September 18, 2006

Ah busyness

So last year I wasted a lot of time.

This year, I made a goal to use that time productively. So far, I've been sticking to that, praise be to God.

Today, I went to fencing for the first time in approximately 9 months. It hurts. And it felt good. I got smoked in pretty much all my bouts (except for when I faced beginners.) I seem to have lost my sense of distance and timing. Too bad. I'm going to have to get that back.

I've also figured out a way to get myself to do devotionals. Seeing as I'm spending large quantities of time here, here, as well as here, (just to name a few) I decided to make devotionals a blogging experience, thereby combining a past time with something that I should do. I started yesterday. It went great. Check it out here.

I've also signed up to be in a novice debating tournament. That's this weekend. Should be great. I'll keep y'all posted on what happened.

But one question of you all... I've found my mind recently becoming increasingly preoccupied with the idea of finding some sort of significant other. I've also found myself supressing said thoughts with all my might for fear that such a thing will drag me away from important priorities such as school, Campus for Christ, and other things. But the harder I supress the more it comes out. It's like that line what Princess Leia said to Governer Tarkin while she was captured aboard the Death Star, "The tighter you squeeze, the more systems will slip from your grasp." Like sand you know. The harder I try to keep it down, the more it leaks out. What do I do? -_-

Anyhow, now that I've got that off my chest, I'm going to go do my devotional. Good night all (or good morning, or good afternoon, depending on when you read this and where you are.)

Oh and one more thing: a prayer request. A cousin of mine is on a mission trip to the same country that OEX goes to, and the team tried to gain visas to enter a country that borders the OEX country that is even MORE closed to the Gospel. Only two people were approved for visas, and my cousin is one of them. Pray for them (protection wise) and pray that their prayers in that land will bring the Holy Spirit into that land so that the revival that started there approximately a 100 years ago may spark again.

7 comments:

Rainbow Choi =) said...

i have something to say about the "significant other" issue... but not right now... cuz i have to be up at 6 for class.

but if you think you're the only one toying with the idea, dont worry... you're definitely not alone. me and jess have had some good talks about this since project! (sorry jess - i figured it wasnt a secret anyways though haha)

okay, must sleep but will get back to this!

Rainbow Choi =) said...

ps. thanks 4 being honest!

Stephanie said...

you're definetly not alone on the "significant other issue"....although I must say my thoughts have been more focused on a certain person that is out of the country at the moment....more later, I promise.

I love yellow said...

I kinda feel like I need to comment on this "significant other" issue...I think that is whole point I don't think that person is supposed to tear you away from Campus for Christ or God ...you're supposed to see potential for doing all those things better with that person. :) At least that is what I think

Jess Versteeg said...

yeah word about the significant other issue. I actually have a whole post on that. Not about having one... well sort of. Anyways, its less exciting than you think (or maybe its more exciting...?)

Jess Versteeg said...

oh also: don't let busyness be your idol!

jelibeenz said...

"the harder I supress the more it comes out."
oh! oh! I totally understand this! ...and it seems as though the time you spend trying to keep it down is more time and energy thinking about it which is what you were avoiding in the first place! but you know, sometimes these thoughts are indeed unwanted and distracting...but sometimes it's God trying to say something.... but yeah, I totally agree with what Hannah said.
and as for your prayer request, I will definitely pray for your cousin and the team. my mom actually left for the "middle of the earth" as some like to call it, this morning to do some missions-related stuff as well....