Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Worst possible timing....

Man, the last two and a half weeks have been insane. I have been gradually falling behind on my sleep and have not had the opportunity to catch up. And now I think I am getting sick... which is the worst timing ever... I made a promise that I would not be tired this weekend, and it's looking like I might wind up breaking that promise...

I think I need to learn how to take a two hour nap in the afternoon, like people in some parts of the world, then it would be ok for me to have class/C4C until 10pm three nights a week and be at prayer at 6:30 the next morning... maybe I will try to start doing that.

I apologise if I am incoherant, our guys leaders' DG is at 7AM on Tuesdays, so I got up 17 hours ago after only about 6 hours of sleep...

Sleeeeep...

9 comments:

Brad Stewart said...

Also I have a paper due tomorrow that I haven't started yet. I think I'm going to sleep all day Thursday...

Jess Versteeg said...

2 hour naps in the middle of the day is my specialty. i did that every day until i got a job on project. sweet sweet naps.

Jonathan P said...

0_o

17 hours? 7 AM IN THE MORNING? (yes I know it's redundant, that's not the point)

-_- You people at Waterloo are crazy.

And my life just got more complicated. Ask me about it later.

Chara said...

sleep seems to always be out to get you! i always wonder why God created sleep...like couldn't He have just made us so we never needed to recharge our minds and bodies? He totally could have, but for some reason chose not to...

and naps are golden! they're the only thing that got me through project (ok that's a big fat lie...but you know what i mean). even the 20 minute lay-down-and-close-your-eyes-for-what-seems-like-2-seconds ones....those are fantastically refreshing for some reason!

remember the broom tree...sometimes it's the best way to go and what you really need ;)

Jenny Tang said...

poor Uncle Darb :(
Not only is burned toast bad for you, not enough sleep is also a big killer......bon soir!!!!

I love yellow said...

oh Brad...that is completly insane...you really just need to pick a day and sleep (I know that seems hard but just do it...well I'm not telling you what to do...but at the same time I AM). Seriously though, I'll be praying that you can get some sleep AND not be sick...being sick sucks

Brad Stewart said...

So I slept in this morning and skipped prayer meeting... I'm still feeling sick, but I'm not not so tired any more. Tomorrow's going to be a long day too, though. Maybe I'll skip out early from our weekly meeting, since I have to get up at about 5 on Friday to catch a train.

jelibeenz said...

"i always wonder why God created sleep...like couldn't He have just made us so we never needed to recharge our minds and bodies? He totally could have, but for some reason chose not to..."
ok so I had this conversation with a friend this spring...actually, I believe it was on Jenny's birthday, haha.... so anyways, I was really sick and tired and unable to eat anything...I remember being at Jenny's party and eating only crackers, and then going to my friend's place afterwards to eat only lettuce sans dressing and a few slices of apple. but what I ate is beyond the point. so, my mom always says that life would be so much easier and more time would be available to us if we didn't have to sleep or eat. not to mention our houses could potentially have more living space without a kitchen and bedrooms.... since I was sick and my sleeping and eating habits were all messed up, I asked my friend what he thought about the subject. his answer was that being dependent on food and rest keeps us humble by reminding us that we are dependent! as in dependent on God. and I will add that it also gives us an opportunity to show good stewardship of what He has blessed us with: our bodies and our health.

Chara said...

hmmmm...wow. that's REALLY good, jess!

gracias