So you know that point where you're so tired that you're not tired anymore. I past that stage about 4 hours ago. Now I am a zombie. But not asleep because I have economics problems, readings, and other such things to do. And an assignment due on Friday.
Oh the woes of school. Speaking of which I feel burnout coming on... pray for me.
Wednesday, September 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
ok...so i was just thinking "wow...a lot of us are on borderline burnout right now or at least feeling ridiculously tired. what a funny coincidence..." *DING* (insert lightbulb here). in spiritual battles, there're no such thing as coincidences unfortunately and i'm thinking it's not just by chance that we all (or most of us) seem to be hitting the wall @ the same time...Satan knows how to disarm us best and knows how powerfully God was working in our lives and through our lives this summer, and will pretty much do anything to stop that from continuing into the school year....so just a thought: maybe that's what's happening right now with us as a collective group.
the plan-of-action to counter this evil scheme: a) recognize the need for spiritual armor (aka: staying connected to that Vine and having the sword of the spirit [God's Word] ready to fight back; and b) PRAYER, PRAYER, PRAYER!!!
lack of sleep is somewhat inevitable @ university (who're we kidding?!), but letting that fact control our daily lives i think is where we get de-railed and start plunging towards burnout if we don't change something in our current lifestyle (...maybe a priority check is in store?).
tiredness shouldn't dictate us...the H.S. should. but i have yet to figure out how to really live that out yet without falling back into the crash-and-burn cycle...
just some random thoughts.
Chara how did you get so smart? And I am definetly feeling the burnout coming too...as I am prayer coordinator and co-leading a DG...yikes...along with my wonderful world of studying that includes only biology, which I should be doing right now.
aaaah... thanks Chara, and thanks to you guys 4 sharing about your schoolday woes... im definitely there with you. i was not tooooo busy so far, just waiting for my giant 6 credit course (double credits of a regular course) to come up and blow up in my face. definitely did today. we have a paper due in one week that everyone assumed was a group project cuz everything we do in that class is group work... but nope... and we have weekly readings and assignments too, but the course is a little planned-as-we-go-along, which is good in some ways cuz they make it really relevant, but at the same time... they didn't get things together in time last week so we have a double-whammy assignment due next week, along with our paper.
baaaah!!
Aaaaa school.
I have an assignment due tomorrow and an online tutorial to post to... I should have done taht a while ago, but I'm doing that as I do this.
Post a Comment