Friday, September 08, 2006

sur la rue

thanks guys for all the advice and encouragement. todays french class was much better. I did manage to finish my homework from last day and it turns out, i do remember alittle of what im doing after all. it is going to take some extra effort, but ive decided to stick it out. it WILL be worth it.
new topic: guess what?
we are starting an AIA chapter here on campus again. i am so pumped. There has already been alot of interest shown, so its really cool. Our first meeting is on Sunday. =)
Somewhat related: MDA's
there are 3 of us in kin who have chosen the college for our MDA. two guys, Justin and Cam and me. and its funny cuz theres at least one (if not both) of them in all of my classes. So i am constantly reminded of our goal. It was cool. today we were in Exercise Physiology, and the prof was showing us a video of a process where they basically stab you with a metal rod the size of a pen, and extract a little chunk of muscle to analyze under a microscope. anyway, right when the "stab" happened, there was a big crash... somebody had fainted and fallen off their chair. it probly took a good 10 minutes (and a couple extra staff people later) to get this guy back on his chair. talk about intense. (and yes, it was a guy... according to my friend Carolyn, "its always the guys, they can't handle anything" haha). But yeah, the reason i tell you this story is because in the midst of this... justin says "hey guys, why don't we pray... we should have a prayer reflex when stuff happens". it totally caught me offguard... why didn't i think of that?! so cool though. i was just really impresesd and challenged. And encouraged also. i wish my own attitude was more automatic like that. Its good to be around these guys all day.. they're a really good influence, and super good to be working with. God's gonna do amazing things this semester... i just know it.

gotta get back to my anatomy text book though. (yeah, how much of a loser stays home on a friday night- let alone, the first friday of the year!- to study??) haha.

i hope you're weeks have gone well... or that you are relying on Gods strength to move forward anyway.

Miss you guys!
<3

1 comment:

Jeremoi said...

lol... sounds like we traded personalities for a night Danae, cause I'm more inclined to be the one to stay home and study on a Friday night. Instead, I was ACTUALLY at a weekly meeting this evening, and what a great time it was.... (not trying to rub it in, honestly!)

I've heard crazy things about anatomy, and I'm glad I don't have to take it, even though somehow I have a knack for memorization.

Yeah, prayer reflex is a good thing... something to trust the Lord to develop in us. I imagine it comes rather "naturally" as we seek to be Spirit-filled and walk closely with the Lord, although it is cultivated as we respond to those "maybe I should pray" promptings with humbly seeking God in prayer.

Glad to hear french was more bearable today. Keep at it with God's strength!